Sunday 20 September 2009

Rathlin

Gloomy, a bit of wind and the waves!!!
The island is an L-shape form with a population of over 100 people......(thinking) I think I can live in Rathlin, tho only in summer time,or maybe not. Not much nightlife and shops,LOL.The early boat that suppose to take us to the island had a mechanical fault so end up waiting for few hours, coffee please! As usual, Gareth and Scott had a big breakfast. Not for Alan and Jade, too conscious of getting big-ger,hahaha. I did enjoy the boat trip as the waves are getting bigger as soon as we get into the middle of the sea.It's been awhile haven't felt such excitement that a boat is going to sink (how strange).Straight to the reception and asked where's the bar?? Ehem, I think 4 of us needs a drink after the boat trip.LOL.Actually, the hotel view is in the pic,by the way I took that great picture,lol.The woman in the reception uttered a word like...."would you like a lobster for dinner? fresh from the sea".Hell yeah!! LOL.4 pints of guinness please? Hold on..it use to be 3, now it's 4??and it keeps on coming,lol.Thank goodness for that, Gareth is drinking!Good on yah dj Gareth,lol.Brace yourself Rathlin, you will be gassed,hahaha.We managed to explore the area,tho not even a third of the island as it was evening time and rather chilly. I would like to see the puffins, no Jade, they are all gone!! I'm disappointed and thought of crying, NOT!It was a different scene but nice and solemn.Even saw people put up tents.Lobster time! whoever cooked the lobster, i gave him/her 2 thumbs up!! The best ever I had.Sounds false but it was.And the 3 shams will agree with me.Wouldn't mind to have another...in the future,lol. Good thing Alan brought his ipod speaker with him and lo! music all over Rathlin- ish! A video will say it all-- dude! hope its not in you tube! i don't mind private viewing,lol. Shockingly, none of the guest knocked our door..hmm, would you like to join us?
Just noticed the people who serve the breakfast doesn't seem in a rush.Waited for I think half an hour for the food,lol.Poor Scott, looks rough,lol.Too much to drink, eh!! Been awhile to hear birds chirping in the morning,nice.And the rain starts to pour, nothing change! The wave on the way back this time is not as bad. But I keep on thinking, have I missed something?? I live close to the shore but never thought you can eat a seaweed!! Oh yeah, a woman munching a dried seaweed and even heard her saying, " it's my lunch" ermm.And to top it up, she was changing her baby nappies with the baby bum in front of me, Thanks a lot madam, it's ok, and just close my eyes.LOL.What a Rathlin trip!!!!

1 comment:

  1. if you and alan keep on drinking the boat will definitely sink next time you are going to rathlin

    from a very active 70 year old

    ReplyDelete