Monday 10 August 2009

Skiing ( 97 to go...)



It was evening when we arrived in Soll, Austria. Snowing, and a little peach black. Went straight to the accommodation unpack, and a few minutes rest then head to the local restaurant/bar. Beer please! unfortunately not in German language, sigh! The place was packed with ski enthusiast still on their ski gear (stinky gits,lol) Explore the area after a few pints and food. Looks alright but wont see the whole area 'til the following day.

Hiring ski gear is fantastic ( Alan did all the bookings tho, thanks dude). Just collect the stuff and head to the ski area. The orientation for beginner(that's me) was 9am but....yeees, we arrived late as we did not wear our ski gear and have to go back to the accommodation(silly dudes) It was cold, freezing, ice cold weather but both sweating like we we're in Sahara,lol. Alan did the snow boarding and moi did the ski. Thank goodness I wasn't the only one late. Hello everyone!! My name is Petra, I'm your instructor for the whole 4day course. Nice lady and very friendly, very good instructor.And shouted,Now move your a***, and listen!(just making it up,lol). "Javol" (Yes, indeed) and well done Jade.Felt like I'm 7 years old,lol.The group consist mainly guys from Ireland, surprisingly quite a few in the crowd(feels like I'm in Dublin) Putting on the ski is not that easy as putting your socks on, especially when you don't have the right balance.Phew!! I can't count how many times I was on my backside, grrr.

First day was absolute burnt-out.Need more than a pint of bier and a big snore after,lol. The second day was not so bad as breakfast already prepared (it's b&b jade, duh!). "Bitte Schön", the only word the host can only utter no matter if you ask for a water,lol.Nice lady tho.This time I made it to the training area on time and so as Alan dude. Managed to keep up with the training with less fall and even took some few photos to keep.Started to feel the legs getting sore as the training gets harder and harder.But as they say, "walang tiyaga,walang nilaga".And I'm sure Alan is having a nice time too,(not,lol)

I have to do it, i have to do..i have to.....ZZzzzzz(snoring).Just can't help it. Well, that was after a few drinks tho.Haven't tried the Jägermeister this time.Our group made it to the blue slope(that's for the beginners) and never wasted a minute. Up and down, bend your knee, lean forward, feet together, turn left, turn right and Plow or "get out of my way!!!"Imagine in tin pin bowling, you're the ball and the other member of group as the pins, in the bottom of the slope.Yeah, that would be your worst nightmare. Sorry, whatever her name was,lol! Right guys, proceed to the Gondola. Eh? is that a place for dining? NO, I didn't ask them, just followed my group( as if I know,LOL)Damn..I said to myself, it's a cable car you silly bugger, hahaha. Meaning we are going to the very top of the slope and ski down to the bottom??? This is it, this is what I have been waiting for. Only to realize I was only dreaming,grrr. Exhaustion taking its tool,lol. It was a great feeling to ski down the slope without a single fall. The 4th day was the final day of the course and so be it! I will wait you guys down in the bottom of the slope, jmj and the donkey! In one instance the instructor said, Jade, can you lead the group on the way down to the bottom?ME? are you being funny?(well, she's not,grrr)Oh my word!! right people, follow me, If I fall, you fall, If i roll, you roll, If I jump, it's up to you,hahahaha. Not so bad actually, none of them got a broken bone. The following day was a different story as I didn't know where the rest of the people from my group went to ( nice one jaeger).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvuvZk2GerY The video link will show how we really enjoyed the trip. Alan dude enjoyed his first ever snow boarding and mind you he said, he will do the skiing next time,lol.Great fun, fantastic experience and will surely do it again,intermediate this time,hmmm.



1 comment:

  1. walang tiyaga,walang nilaga...a bit like my school motto Jade...nihil sine labore..

    U left the bit out about ur clothes vanishing in the middle of the street...lol...

    Atleast u have a big arse to fall onto hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete